Date: 19 May 2015
These terms and conditions (Terms) govern your use of our website at australianprintedribbon.com.au (Website) and you agree are incorporated in the terms of any agreement you enter into with us to purchase our products. These Terms form a binding contract between you and Australian Printed Ribbon. It is important you read these Terms carefully and contact us if you have any questions before you use our Website. You can contact us by email on [email protected] or by phone on 1300 765 683.
By using our Website you acknowledge and agree that you have had sufficient time to read and understand the Terms and you agree to be bound by them. Our Terms take precedence over your terms of trade (if any). If you do not agree to the Terms, do not use this Website as by using the Website you confirm your acceptance of the Terms.
Changes to the Terms
We may change these Terms from time to time. Each time you use our Website or agree to purchase products from us you agree to be bound by these Terms (as amended). We recommend that each time you use our Website or are about to order products from us you read these Terms and check to see if the date of the Terms has changes. We will amend the date of the Terms at the time any changes are made. Your continued use of our Website or the placement of any orders for products with us following any changes will confirm your acceptance of those changes.
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Creative Things Pty Ltd ACN 114 414 872 as trustee for the ACK Family Trust trading as Australian Printed Ribbon. Your access to and use of all information on this Website including purchase of our product/s is provided subject to these Terms.
- We describe our products as accurately as possible on our Website, however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or omission.
- Images on the Website are for illustrative purposes only. We do not guarantee that any product delivered will be exactly the same colour as represented in any image shown, nor that any given image will reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.
- If you have placed an order, we will fulfil your order at the price listed in your Quote at the time you ordered.
- Our products are for sale to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
- We endeavour to ensure that our product list is current however we give no guarantee as to the availability of any product advertised on our Website.
- There are minimum orders requirements and different lead times to produce the ribbon products depending on the type of ribbon product being ordered. The minimum order requirements and expected lead times are shown on our Website.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are exclusive of GST unless otherwise stated.
- To obtain a price you must submit an online enquiry or contact us by phone on 03 9544 0034, or by email: [email protected] We will contact to you to discuss your ribbon needs and to finalise your order so we can issue you with a Quote.
- Once we have the details of your order finalised, we will provide you with a quote confirming the order, the lead time to delivery following acceptance of your order, the cost including GST, packaging, postage, the deposit required with acceptance of the order and the terms for payment in full (Quote).
- Initial product orders require upfront payment. For approved customers, subsequent orders will be invoiced on 30 day terms.
- We reserve the right to amend our prices at any time. If you have placed an order by accepting our Quote and have paid the deposit prior to any change in price, we will fulfil your order at the price contained in the Quote.
- When you request a Quote from us, we require you to provide your name, address for delivery, your email address and telephone contact details, and on acceptance of our Quote your credit card details. We undertake to take due care with this information; however in providing us with such information you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission or virus or malware.
- When you place an order by accepting our Quote, we require you to provide high resolution artwork in an EPS file format or any other format as advised in our Quote. We will prepare a black and white proof sheet of the text which will also state the colours of the ribbon to be printed which will be sent to you for approval (Proof Sheet). On receipt of approval from you for the Proof Sheet we will commence production.
- Once you have submitted an order by acceptance of our Quote, you may not cancel that order.
- Timing of delivery of your ordered product/s will be as set out on our Quote. Our lead times commence from the date you approve the Proof Sheet. For example, if we have quoted a lead time of 7 to 10 days and you approve the Proof Sheet on the 1st of the month. You can expect delivery of the products to you somewhere between the 8th and 10th of the month.
- Title in the products pass to you when we have received payment in full. Our terms of payment are set out on the Quote.
- All risk of loss or damage to the products pass to you when we despatch the products. At the time of conducting your transaction we give you the option to take out carrier insurance.
- If you have a credit account with us the following terms apply:
- all accounts are strictly due and payable within 30 days of the date of the invoice;
- if an invoice remains unpaid 30 days from the date of the invoice we may charge you interest at the rate not exceeding the cash rate target as fixed by the Reserve Bank of Australia plus 2% at the date the invoice is issued;
- the applicant(s) must inform us in writing within seven (7) days of any change of his/her their business or corporate structure and any change that may affect their/its ability to pay their/its debts as and when they fall due;
- you (as the applicant for credit) grant us an irrevocable licence to enter your premises (or the premises of any associated company or agent where the goods are located) without liability for trespass or any resulting damage and retake possession of any of our goods;
- we may keep or resell any goods we repossess pursuant to clause 18e; and
- we reserve the right to cancel any credit account should you fail to pay an account on time or any monies owed are outstanding.
we retain ownership of our goods supplied until all goods supplied are paid for in full;
- If the product received is doesn’t match the details of the Proof Sheet, is faulty or in a damaged condition (Damaged Goods), you must notify us immediately by contacting Australian Printed Ribbon by:
- mail: Unit 12, 40 Ricketts Road, Mount Waverley, Vic, 3149;
- phone: 1300 765 683 or 03 9544 0034;
- email: [email protected]; or
- through our designated “contact us” webpage,
clearly describing the problem with the Damaged Goods and the invoice number.
- Once you have notified us of the Damaged Goods you must return the Damaged Goods to our office at the following address within 7 days of receipt: Unit 12, 40 Ricketts Road, Mount Waverley, Vic, 3149.
- On being notified of the Damaged Goods as required under clause 19 and on receipt of the Damaged Goods at our office as required under clause 20, at our discretion, we will either replace the product or reimburse you for the cost of the product. For business customers who are not ‘consumers’ for the purposes of the Consumer Law, where products are faulty, we will only reimburse up to 50% of the cost of the product.
- If we are unable at the time of return, to replace or exchange the returned Damaged Goods, we will reimburse your credit card for the amount initially debited for the purchase including packaging and postage charges or credit your account if you have an account with us.
- When you visit our Website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal, non-commercial use to browse and order our products.
- You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this Website to your computer for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this Website without our prior written permission.
- The licence to access and use the information on our Website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our Website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our Website.
- This Website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked Website. Any hyperlink on our Website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- Linking our website is not permitted. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of such linking.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright to all content on this Website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
- All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this Website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our Website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- When you provide us with your trade marks, brands, logos or any other intellectual property required to fulfil the order in the Quote, you give us an irrevocable licence to use your intellectual property supplied for the purposes of fulfilling the order and in our marketing materials to allow us to market our services to our clients and prospective clients by showing examples of the work we have completed on your behalf.
- Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called Comments) which you provide to us through this Website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our Website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
- If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
- Specifically, if you provide us with Comments, those Comments must not:
- add content to the Website that is or could reasonably be considered to be obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, indecent, offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, misleading or deceptive, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy;
- bring us or our Website into disrepute; or
- infringe the intellectual property rights of any person (Prohibited Content).
- You agree you will not upload any Prohibited Content or content containing spam, chain letters, pyramid and other such selling and marketing schemes, computer viruses, computer codes, files or programs or other harmful components designed to interrupt, destroy, change or limit the functionality of our Website or in any way interfere with another user’s use and enjoyment of our Website.
- We reserve the right to monitor all content posted to our Website and to modify or remove any content, messages or postings that we deem, in our sole discretion, to contain Prohibited Content or otherwise breaches our Terms. Notwithstanding this right, we are not obligated to take any such action and we are not responsible or liable for any content, messages or postings uploaded to our Website.
- Whilst we have taken all due care in providing the information on our Website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these Terms is excluded.
- We also take all due care in ensuring that our Website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our Website or any linked website.
- From time to time we may host third party content on our Website such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other traders. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owners of that material and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
Statutory Guarantees and Warranties to Consumers
- Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth) 2010 (Consumer Law) defines a consumer. Under Consumer Law we are a supplier of goods to you, and as a consumer the Consumer Law gives you statutory guarantees.
- If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the Consumer Law of our goods then we give you a warranty that at the time of supply of those goods or services to you, if they are faulty or defective then:-
- We will replace the goods or any part of them that is defective; or
- Wholly or partly recompense you if they are defective.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Limitation of Liability
- If you are not a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the Consumer Law then this clause applies to you. If you are a consumer within the meaning of the Consumer Law then this clause has no effect whatsoever to in any way limit our liability or your rights. If you are not a consumer:
- To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the goods again or payment of the costs of having those goods supplied again, subject to clause 21.
- We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from goods we have supplied.
- We do not accept liability for anything contained in the post of a user or in any form of communication which originates with a user and not with Us.
- We do not participate in any way in the transactions between our users.
- By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website or the purchase of our products.
- If a Force Majeure event causing delay continues for more than thirty (30) days, we may terminate this Agreement by giving at least seven (7) notice to you. “Force Majeure” means any act, circumstance or omission over which we could not reasonably have exercised control.
- These Terms and any agreement between us are governed by the laws of Victoria. Each party agrees any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these Terms will be heard in Victoria and you agree to irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction in Victoria, Australia, and you waive any right you might have had to claim that those courts are an inconvenient forum or on any other basis.
- If any provision in these Terms is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these Terms and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- We will take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we will take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
Credit Reporting Policy
- If you have applied for an account with us, our compliance with the credit reporting obligations contained in Australian privacy legislation is set out in our separate Credit Reporting Policy which may be accessed from our home page.
Interruption to Access
- There may be times we experience disruptions to our Website, such as technical problems or undertaking maintenance causing our Website to be offline which may or may not be within our control. Where we schedule maintenance we will use our best endeavours to provide customers with reasonable notice of any scheduled maintenance. We are not liable to you for any loss or damage (including consequential loss, damage or loss of profits) arising, whether directly or indirectly from any interruption, disruption or failure to access either the whole or part of our website at any time.
Rule of Construction
- In the interpretation of this document, no rule of construction applies to the disadvantage of the party preparing this document on the basis that it put forward this document or any part of it.
Australia Printed Ribbon
Credit Reporting Policy and Personal Information
Version Date: 19/05/15
Australian Printed Ribbon is an Australian owned and operated business and is a leading producer of custom printed ribbon for the promotional, corporate, hospitality, floral and special events industries. Australian Printed Ribbon custom printed ribbon to your exact gift packaging requirements manufactured here in Australia. We use the finest quality European satin ribbons that are simply the best you can buy anywhere.
We know you care how your personal information and credit information is collected, used and shared. It is important you make an informed choice regarding the information you voluntarily share with us or that may be collected from you when you engage our services or interact with us. We respect your privacy and are committed to keeping your Personal Information and Credit Information safe.
Our Credit Reporting Policy (Credit Reporting Policy) explains how we collect, use, share and protect your Credit Information. It applies when we collect data from you personally to set up an account. This covers information you voluntarily provide as well as information we may collect from a credit reporting agency or from our website, australianprintedribbon.com.au, (Website).
Australian Printed Ribbon means Creative Things Pty Ltd ACN 114 414 872 as trustee for the ACK Family Trust trading as Australian Printed Ribbon of Unit 12/40 Ricketts Road, Mount Waverley, Vic, 3149.
What is your Personal Information?
Personal Information includes: your name, address, telephone number, email address and location, which when used either alone or in combination with other information could be used to identify, contact or locate you (Personal Information).
What is your Credit Information?
Credit Information is personal credit information about you and includes credit eligibility information which is collected about you either from you personally, from publicly available information or from a credit reporting body. Credit Information means:
- your identification information;
- your consumer credit liability information;
- your repayment history information;
- an information request has been made about you by a credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- the type of consumer credit or commercial credit being applied for and the amount of credit sought in your application;
- your default information;
- your payment information;
- new arrangement information;
- court proceedings information;
- your personal insolvency information;
- publicly available information that relates to your activities in Australia and your credit worthiness; and
- if in the opinion of a credit provider, you have committed a serious credit infringement in relation to consumer credit.
By disclosing your Personal Information and Credit Information to us either directly or by using our Website, by submitting an application for credit or agreeing to be a guarantor for an application of credit, you consent to the collection, use and distribution by Australian Printed Ribbon your Personal Information and Credit Information in accordance with this Credit Reporting Policy (which is expressly incorporated into any applicable application for credit or Website Terms, and with any applicable legislation such as the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended (the Privacy Act).
This Credit Reporting Policy will be updated from time to time. When this occurs, the version date at the beginning of the policy will be changed. Please note the date of this Credit Reporting Policy and check it periodically for date changes, as your continued use of our services, purchase of our products, submitting an application for credit and/or visiting our Website means you acknowledge, agree to and consent to those changes.
If you require a paper copy of this Credit Reporting Policy, please contact us in one of the following ways:
- Phone: 1300 765 683
- Email: [email protected]
- Post: Unit 12 / 40 Ricketts Road, Mount Waverley, Vic, 3149
Why we collect your information and how we use your information
Australian Printed Ribbon collects and uses your Personal Information and Credit Information for the following purposes:
- provide you with information about our services and products which includes:
- processing and accepting orders for our products such as ribbons, lapel pins and gift packaging;
- accepting and processing applications for consumer credit and commercial credit;
- assessing applications for credit;
- determining the terms of the credit we will provide you or your organisation (collectively Our Services);
- respond to requests made for information about Our Services;
- respond to feedback, complaints or comments whether made by phone, electronic means, mail, or in person;
- supply Our Services to you;
- undertake marketing and promotional activities;
- analyse the impact of our advertisements, and promotions;
- meet our internal reporting requirements;
- process employment applications;
- engage contractors;
- provide you with important information relating to a change to our Credit Reporting Policy, our Terms for our Website or products;
- conduct market research and product development;
- improve our Instagram account, Twitter feed, Website and Facebook page and the functionality of the Website and Facebook page;
- identify if you have previously visited our Facebook page or the Website and help you auto-populate your information so you don’t have to re-type it;
- advise you of a security breach;
- direct marketing to inform you of special offers and promotions which may be of interest to you;
- meet our legal and regulatory responsibilities;
- contact you by email, SMS or MMS, phone or mail or in any other lawful manner for the purposes set out above.
Australian Printed Ribbon only collects information it considers necessary for the activities of its business. Most of the information collected is obtained directly from you so you will normally be aware of the purpose of its collection. Australian Printed Ribbon does obtain credit reports from credit reporting bodies such as Dun & Bradstreet and Veda for the purposes of assessing applications for credit submitted by you. Australian Printed Ribbon only uses and discloses your Personal Information and Credit Information for the purposes for which it was originally collected, unless required or authorised by or under law, or if you have consented to the intended use. For the purposes of the Privacy Act we are a credit provider.
How we collect your information
Australian Printed Ribbon collects your Personal Information in a number of ways.
For example, we collect information when you:
- use our Website or Facebook page to make an enquiry about Our Services;
- when you request we send you information on Our Services;
- complete an application for credit;
- supply information with your applications for credit such as payslips, driver’s licence, group certificates, passports, rental agreements, copy of rental statements, Medicare card, bank statements, tax returns, BAS statements, declaration of income forms;
- post a comment on our Website, Facebook page, Twitter feed or Instagram account or in an application or enquiry form;
- use our Website and this information is captured by Google Analytics;
- enter into written agreements with us, our agents or third party service providers;
- send us an email or letter or make a telephone enquiry or complaint;
- when you submit an employment application and through the employment process;
- ask to be included on a mailing list; or
- provide your information to a third party that provides services to us or we supply services to, such as a contractor, agent, our related body corporates, another credit provider or regulatory authorities.
Types of information we collect
We collect the following types of information:
- Name, email address, telephone and fax numbers and delivery details;
- Occupation and employment status;
- ABN, if you are a contractor or supplier of goods;
- IP Address;
- Credit card details;
- Location Data;
- Device type (iPhone, laptop etc);
- Domain name;
- Web browser, Safari, Firefox, Instagram, Dolphin;
- Date and time of access to the Website page or Facebook and which website you came from;
- Content of emails;
- Hyperlinks you have clicked;
- Information you post on our Instagram, Website, Twitter feed, Facebook page or your webpage;
- Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information of individuals and entities who submit an application for credit to us or who offer to be a guarantor for an application for credit.
- any other information you voluntarily provide to us.
Credit Eligibility Information means:
- credit reporting information about you that was disclosed to us by a credit reporting body as permitted by the Privacy Act; or
- CP derived information about you.
CP derived information about you means any personal information (other than sensitive information) about you:
- that is derived from credit reporting information about you, disclosed to us by a credit reporting body under the Privacy Act; and
- has any bearing on your credit worthiness; and
- is used, has been used or could be used in establishing your eligibility for consumer credit.
Location Data and other information you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of our Website or Facebook page which enables us to offer location based functionality. We may disclose this information to third parties to enable us to provide this service.
Credit information, credit eligibility information and credit reporting body
As part of an application for credit, we may collect both Personal Information, Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information in relation to you. By providing your Personal Information and Credit Information to us you are consenting to our collection, use and disclosure of that information by and to Australian Printed Ribbon, other credit providers and credit reporting bodies (who have an agreement with Australian Printed Ribbon for credit related purposes and/or credit guarantee purposes) for the purposes identified above. The purposes include, without limitation, assessing the credit application and any offer to provide a guarantee, making an assessment of credit worthiness, processing the credit application and/or managing the credit.
You also expressly consent to Australian Printed Ribbon’s collection, use and disclosure of Credit Eligibility Information and CP Derived Information about you for the purposes identified above.
We obtain credit reports from credit reporting bodies such as Dun & Bradstreet (Australia) Pty Ltd (Dun & Bradstreet) and Veda for the purposes of assessing applications for credit received from individuals and corporate entities and to manage the credit. The credit reports includes information which is used by us and other credit providers in assessing your individual credit worthiness.
The Privacy Act and our agreements with credit reporting bodies require us to provide the credit reporting bodies with Credit Information relating to any application for credit, the credit provided, and any guarantee provided. This includes, providing default information for consumer credit for amounts owing over $150 that remain unpaid for at least 60 days, (provided certain criteria have been met such as you have been notified in writing of the outstanding debt and requesting payment and payment has not been made), or where you have committed a serious credit infringement.
We may provide credit reporting information to Dun & Bradstreet and Veda who include the information we provide to other credit providers. Dun & Bradstreet and Veda have their own credit reporting policies as required by the Privacy Act and Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code 2014 (CR Code).
The credit reports contain the following types of CP Derived Information:
- Name, contact details and ABN;
- Registration status, directors, ownership details, related entities and financials if an entity;
- Overall conclusion;
- Credit reference checks;
- Details of trade payments and default on payments;
- Risk Score;
- Past enquiries;
- History and Operations;
- Bank and Finance details;
- Information sources.
Credit reporting bodies may also use your credit reporting information to pre-screen direct marketing by a credit provider. If you do not wish Dun & Bradstreet or Veda to do this you should contact both organisations and request they not use your credit reporting information for pre-screening.
It is important to note, if you believe you have been or are likely to be the victim of fraud, you should contact Dun & Bradstreet and Veda and request they not use or disclose your credit reporting information.
Dun & Bradstreet’s contact details are:
Address: Ground Floor, 479 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Vic, 3000
Mail: PO Box 7405 St. Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004
Phone: 1300 734 806
Fax: 03 9828 3300
Email: [email protected]
A copy of Dun & Bradstreet’s privacy and credit reporting policy can be obtained from its website or by contacting its office and requesting a copy.
Veda’s privacy and credit reporting policy can be obtained from its website: veda.com.au or requesting a copy by an on-line request.
If you have an issue with the information recorded on a credit file obtained from Veda, you can contact Veda through their website at veda.com.au/yourcreditandidentity/contact-directory.
Consumer’s sensitive personal information
Sensitive Personal Information includes information relating to race, religious beliefs, trade or professional associations, sexual orientation or health information etc. Australian Printed Ribbon does not usually require consumers to provide Sensitive Personal Information.
Occasionally, a consumer may advise us of Sensitive Personal Information but we do not actively seek this information. If you do disclose your Sensitive Personal Information to us, you consent to our collecting, using and disclosing this Sensitive Personal Information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted under the Privacy Act and other relevant laws.
Disclosure to third parties and other uses
Except as otherwise disclosed in this document, we do not knowingly use or pass onto others any Personal Information, Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information without the consent of the individual(s) concerned and as disclosed in this Credit Reporting Policy or unless required by law. You acknowledge, agree and consent to Australian Printed Ribbon using and disclosing your Personal Information, Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information to third party credit providers and credit reporting bodies when you submit a credit application to us or offer to be a guarantor to a credit application submitted to us.
Australian Printed Ribbon’s third party service providers will have access to your Credit Information but only to the extent required by law or necessary to provide the Services to you and you expressly consent to their use, collection and disclosure of your Personal Information, Credit Information and where permitted by law your Credit Eligibility Information to other credit providers, provided such collection, use and disclosure is in compliance with the credit reporting provisions of the Privacy Act and the CR Code.
Our third party service providers are only permitted to use your Personal Information Credit Information for the purpose for which we supply the information which are identified above. Your information may be disclosed to the following types of third parties:
- related bodies corporate of Australian Printed Ribbon;
- Australian Printed Ribbon partners or their respective related bodies corporate;
- other credit providers;
- credit reporting bodies;
- employees and contractors;
- web hosting, data housing providers and other IT suppliers;
We may provide your Personal Information to our third party service providers:
- to permit third party websites or applications where an interface or hyperlink has been allowed and that information is required to permit a connection to be made to the third party website or application;
- when we provide location based services enabled through a third party, we may share data with those services in order to provide the related location based service or functionality;
- to obtain web analytics using third parties or products such as Google or Unica;
- such as insurers, lawyers, financiers and other professional advisers;
- engaged by Australian Printed Ribbon to provide a particular service on our behalf such as:
- advertising, marketing, promotional and printing organisations who produce our marketing and promotional material;
- mailing houses, postal and delivery services;
- marketing and research agencies who conduct and analyse our marketing, promotions or competitions and undertake market research and trend analysis;
- such as entities that process credit card payments;
- Tax Office.
- a Court or to a third party under a subpoena issued by a Court;
- a regulatory authority; or
- law enforcement purposes.
Australian Printed Ribbon may disclose Personal Information or Credit Information without the consent of the individual, where the law requires us to make the disclosure. The types of bodies to whom such a disclosure may be required to be made are:
- Tax Office;
- credit reporting bodies;
- a Court or to a third party under a subpoena issued by a Court;
- a regulatory authority;
- law enforcement purposes.
Australian Printed Ribbon has a Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter feed and these may be used to run promotions. If you participate in a promotion via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter it may result in the collection of your Personal Information occurring directly by the service provider on their website. By participating in the promotion you give your consent to the collection of your Personal Information. The promotion will state the policies governing the collection of such Personal Information.
Our authorised service providers may occasionally have access to aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related Instagram, Website or Facebook information. Transfers of aggregate statistics do not involve Personal Information.
If you continue to engage Australian Printed Ribbon’s Services, or to use its Facebook page, Instagram account, Twitter or Websites you are consenting to such disclosures to third parties.
Overseas transfer of information
We don’t knowingly disclose Personal Information, Credit Information or Sensitive Personal Information (if provided by you) to any third party service providers who are located outside Australia. Some third party service providers such as entities that process credit card payments, Microsoft Outlook and Adobe may transfer this information overseas. We are not aware of any third party service provider that we engage that do send information collected by us overseas.
We do not have individual contractual arrangements with the parties which store, process and transmit our data through overseas locations and can’t be responsible for any breach of the credit reporting provisions of the Privacy Act by such parties who might become recipients of your Personal Information, Credit Information or Credit Eligibility Information. We believe third parties we use to store, process and transmit information have appropriate privacy policies in place but we are not able to enforce their compliance with Australian privacy legislation. We are not an entity required to comply with Australian Privacy Principles but, if we were, section 8.1 of the Australian Privacy Principles would not apply to the disclosure by us (directly or indirectly) of your Personal Information, Credit Information or Credit Eligibility Information to a third party or to an overseas third party due to the above disclosure.
By submitting your Personal Information, Credit Information or Credit Eligibility Information to us and having been advised section 8.1 of the Australian Privacy Principles does not apply to our disclosures of this information either directly or indirectly to overseas third parties, you consent to our disclosure of that information to us and other parties knowing your information may be disclosed to overseas third party service providers over which we have no control to ensure compliance with the Australian Privacy Act.
Collection of non-personal information
We, or others acting on our behalf use web beacons, pixel tags, website Analytics such as Google analytics and other similar technologies to collect non-personal information about you. This occurs when you submit an application electronically or visit our Website or Facebook page.
The technologies referred to above assist us to better understand how our Website is used by our customers. This then helps us improve our products and services to better meet your needs, to personalize your online experience with Australian Printed Ribbon and for general advertising and marketing purposes.
You may stop receiving communications from Australian Printed Ribbon at any time by contacting us in one of the following ways:
Email: [email protected]
By mail: Australian Printed Ribbon
12/40 Ricketts Road
Mt Waverly VIC 3149
Mergers, acquisitions and insolvency
Australian Printed Ribbon may decide to sell the whole or part of its business, merge with another business or become insolvent. In these types of circumstances, your Personal Information Credit Information, Credit Eligibility Information and Sensitive Personal Information data may be transferred to a prospective purchaser, an actual purchaser, a merger party or be released to a liquidator or administrator. This information will remain subject to the credit reporting privacy laws and until you are further notified, will remain subject to Australian Printed Ribbon’s Credit Reporting Policy.
Accuracy of information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the Personal Information, Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information we hold is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and is not misleading. To maintain the integrity of this information, we may contact you on occasion to check your Personal Information, Credit Information or Credit Eligibility Information is still accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If, at any time, you believe any of your Personal Information, Credit Information or Credit Eligibility Information held by us is incorrect, please contact us immediately by:
Email: [email protected]
By mail:Australian Printed Ribbon
12/40 Ricketts Road
Mt Waverly VIC 3149
If we refuse to correct your information after receiving your written request, you may ask us to include a statement with the information noting your opinion the information is incorrect, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. If we refuse to correct your information we will advise you why and how you may complain about the decision.
Security of information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information, Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information is kept safe from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. The electronic database storing your information is protected from unauthorised access and access is restricted to authorised persons. We cannot secure the internet so Personal Information you send to us via the internet is done so at your own risk.
If Australian Printed Ribbon discovers a security breach, involving your Personal Information, Credit Information or Credit Eligibility Information we may attempt to notify you so you can take appropriate protective steps. You consent to Australian Printed Ribbon contacting you in these circumstances.
Except to the extent liability cannot be excluded under statute, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your Personal Information, Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information. Nothing in this Credit Reporting Policy restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). If you become aware of any breach of security involving your Personal Information, Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information, please contact us immediately.
Australian Printed Ribbon takes all reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information, Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information that is no longer needed for a permitted purpose and is not required to be retained by law.
Access to your credit information and complaints
At all times, Australian Printed Ribbon strives to ensure your Personal Information to the extent it is Credit Information, Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information is treated confidentially, and in accordance with the credit reporting provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you believe your Personal Information to the extent it is Credit Information, Credit Information or Credit Eligibility Information has been handled in a way that does not comply with the credit reporting provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or the CR Code (only applicable to Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information), or if you wish to access information that Australian Printed Ribbon holds about you, please contact us.
We are not an APP entity for the purposes of the Privacy Act and accordingly this section does not apply to the Personal Information we may hold about you unless it is Credit Information.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints or wish to access the information Australian Printed Ribbon holds about you, please contact us in writing:
Email: [email protected]
By mail: Attention: Carolyn Krohn
Australian Printed Ribbon
12/40 Ricketts Road
Mt Waverly VIC 3149
For security reasons, we ask you submit requests for access or complaints regarding your Personal Information to the extent it is Credit Information, Credit Information or Credit Eligibility Information in writing.
We will investigate your complaint, concern or query in a timely and efficient manner and will seek to resolve the issue directly with you.
For complaints made about a breach of Part IIIA of the Privacy Act, (other than section 21T or 21V) or a breach of the CR Code, we will respond within 7 days after the complaint is made by giving the complainant a written notice acknowledging the making of the complaint and setting out who at Australian Printed Ribbon will deal with the complaint.
It may be necessary to consult a credit reporting body or another credit provider about the complaint. We will make a decision and respond to the complaint during the following 30 day period which commences on the date the complaint is made (unless unusual circumstances apply) or such longer period as you may agree to in writing.
We may charge you a fee for accessing your Personal Information to the extent it is Credit Information, Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information which will reflect our reasonable costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you.
We may refuse you access to your information. If we do, written reasons for the refusal and the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal will be provided to you. Access can be refused where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings, the request is frivolous or vexatious or giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals.
If you disclose information to us through our Website or social medium forums or sites such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest etc.) it will be accessible by the general public. Australian Printed Ribbon has no control over the use of information disclosed in public forums, such as social media forums, platforms, bulletin boards, blogs, wikis, chat rooms, and networking functions of mobile-device applications. Please exercise caution when disclosing your information in these public forums as you are solely responsible for any content you post in public areas of our Website, Twitter feed, Instagram account, Facebook page or other applications.
Content may be posted on our Website, Facebook page, Instagram or Twitter accounts that we do not endorse, support, verify, or agree with and we reserve the right to remove any comments we consider to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate.
Our products and services are not for the use of children and we do not market our Website, Twitter feed, Instagram or Facebook page to children. If you are under 18 years of age or otherwise require a parent or guardian to consent to the disclosure of your information, you should not send any Personal Information, Credit Information or Credit Eligibility Information about yourself to us. If we receive Personal Information, Credit Information for Credit Eligibility Information from a person under 18 and we become aware of it, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. We do not knowingly collect such information from persons under 18 and do not knowingly pass this information onto third parties.
Links ot other sites
Our Website or Facebook page may contain links to other Internet sites owned by third parties. We provide these links solely for your convenience and do not expressly or by implication endorse the commentary, products or services included on other Internet sites. If you access third party Internet sites through links or advertising on our Website or Facebook page and use those products and/or services, you do so at your own risk. Australian Printed Ribbon is not responsible for and cannot control the privacy practices of these other websites or applications. We encourage you to read the privacy and credit reporting policies for these other websites and applications, as they may differ from ours.